Character Study (I)
I was only Eight when I decided I was capable of going on a bike adventure on my own , somewhere that was not my neighborhood.I thought to myself If i'm finally tall enough to wash my hands in the kitchen sink without the help of my toes i can go explore outside of my neighborhood a little, Plus i was going on bike my scrawny twig like legs wouldn't make it so far if i went out walking i'd get tired pretty quick. i had ask my mom if she could help me bring my bike down the stairs, we lived in a apartment and just our luck we go the second floor. once she brought it down she told me the same thing she always tells me when i ride my bike "only stay in this neighborhood or the man in the white van will come and snatch me" i nodded my head with my big grinning smile. i got on my bike i rode a couple circles up and down the street, reason for this was my mom always watch me like a hawk just for a little through the window before she went on with her business in the house. it only took about three to five minutes before i couldn't see her head peeking out the window no more. so that's when i bolted,peddling as fast as my scrawny legs could i ran for it i went straight to the end of the street and did a turn. My heart was racing so fast i could feel it through my chest, i was so excited my bike adventure was about to begin. i had never been outside my neighborhood so i had no idea where to start.
I was only Eight when I decided I was capable of going on a bike adventure on my own , somewhere that was not my neighborhood.I thought to myself If i'm finally tall enough to wash my hands in the kitchen sink without the help of my toes i can go explore outside of my neighborhood a little, Plus i was going on bike my scrawny twig like legs wouldn't make it so far if i went out walking i'd get tired pretty quick. i had ask my mom if she could help me bring my bike down the stairs, we lived in a apartment and just our luck we go the second floor. once she brought it down she told me the same thing she always tells me when i ride my bike "only stay in this neighborhood or the man in the white van will come and snatch me" i nodded my head with my big grinning smile. i got on my bike i rode a couple circles up and down the street, reason for this was my mom always watch me like a hawk just for a little through the window before she went on with her business in the house. it only took about three to five minutes before i couldn't see her head peeking out the window no more. so that's when i bolted,peddling as fast as my scrawny legs could i ran for it i went straight to the end of the street and did a turn. My heart was racing so fast i could feel it through my chest, i was so excited my bike adventure was about to begin. i had never been outside my neighborhood so i had no idea where to start.
Comments
Post a Comment